A BRIEF HISTORY OF ST THOMAS CHURCH SELSIDE
A chapel was built in 1709 in the burial ground, overlooking Selside Hall, which itself dates from the late 15th century. This was replaced by the present building in 1838.
The church was further extended with the addition of a tower in 1894.
There is a fine East Window  depicting Christ the Good Shepherd in scenery echoing the eastward view of the Howgills from the churchyard outside.